LAHORE (Monitoring Desk) In a massive fire at Hafeez Center Plaza in the Gulberg region of the provincial capital of Lahore, hundreds of stores were destroyed. The fire loss is estimated to be crores of rupees.
The fire began, according to records, due to a short circuit on the second floor that also penetrated the top two floors. The fire was intensified by the presence in the shops of cell phones , laptops, computers, batteries, compressors, generators and fuel, with intermittent explosions during the blaze. The businessman and his relatives reached the spot upon hearing the news of the fire, and the businessman started to weep when he saw his business burning.
So many of rescue and fire fighting vehicles worked to control the fire in Hafeez Center Plaza for hours, while Army firefighters were called in later. Traders complained, saying that vehicles from Rescue 1122 and the fire brigade were running out of water over and over again. The harm would not have been so major if complete preparations had been made to put out the fire.
The shopkeepers suffered a lot of financial losses during this incident. They’re running out of money. Due to this lack of arrangements, so much harm has been done. There would never have been too much damage if the arrangements had been better.
when Provincial Health Minister Dr Yasmeen Rashid arrived on the scene to assess the situation. She was welcomed by Zida Abad Nawaz Sharif and anti-government slogans, after which she left. Sardar Usman Bazdar, the Punjab Chief Minister, keep monitoring the rescue operation himself.
Also present on the spot were the Additional Chief Home Secretary, Commissioner Lahore Division, Deputy Commissioner, DG Rescue Dr. Rizwan Naseer, CCPO Lahore, DIG Operations and other senior officials. A committee to investigate the fire has been appointed by the government, while the Punjab Chief Minister has declared that the loss of traders will be clarified after investigation.